Major: RESTAURANT MANAGEMENT
Level of training: Vocational degree
Form of training: Full time
Candidates: High-school graduates or equivalent
Training time: Two years
Employment opportunities after graduation: Graduates of Restaurant Management can work as Waiter, Bar, Restaurant bar, Management bar or team leaders at restaurants. The school offers jobs for graduates.
Knowledge: Graduates can be able to:
- Present an overview of the tourism industry, hotels and restaurants.
- Realize tourists’ psychology and their culinary culture.
- Describe the system of food products and services, and types of services.
- Explain the importance and principles of safety and hygiene in restaurants and other business and catering establishments.
- Present basic knowledge about forms, processes and rules in the process of catering.
- Present the roles and duties of bartending staff and the work processes in the Beverage division.
- List different types of equipment and tools used in the Beverage division;
- Classify and describe non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks: Characteristics, features, ingredients, production methods and principles of preparation and serving;
Skills: Graduates can be able to:
- Implement the restaurant’s work processes from preparation, reception, service organization and end of service.
- Communicate effectively and handle situations arising in the course of serving food and drink;
- Communicate in English within the scope of regular communication or as required by the positions;
- Prepare and serve non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages in accordance with technical and aesthetic standards;
- Supervise bartending and serving standards and procedures;
- Comply with labor safety regulations and environmental protection;
- Manage working time effectively
- Political science
- Introduction to Vietnamese Laws
- Physical education
- Military training
- Basic communication English
Basic subjects and modules
- Introduction of hospitality and tourism
- Communication skills and customer care
- Advanced communication English
- Specialized English (Restaurant English)
- Human resource management
- Food cultures
- Theory of food processing
Specialized subjects and modules
- Theory of restaurant service
- Practice of restaurant service
- Practice of advanced restaurant service
- Practice of bartending skill
- Practice of making and serving of beverages
- Banquet Service and Management
- Restaurant monitoring skills
Registration begins from January 01st to December 31st,2021